Sonntag, 7. Juli 2013

Under the reading lamp...

Well it was mor on the trainride to work the last week.
I bought this book from Paul Meekins books at this years salute among others. What cought my eye was that this is a book about the old classic models I bought an build during my childhood days (concerning my wife I am still in my childhood days but this is another story) and am still building from time to time today.
This marvellous book gives a short outline of the history of the kits (with pics of old packages) and them dives straight into converting and building them. For the wargamer most conversions need time and patience and sometimes the help of Matado Models converting kits.
For those that simply want to build a force fast for gaming and put them straight onto the table this book is a no brainer. On the other hand if you like Hobby-History and like to build the model no one else has or personalize your little plastic force this is a must have book.
Some things are easy to make like the conversions of the WWI tanks others like rebuildbing whole models are quite challenging. Anyway I like this books and hope that others (beside the other 5 about planes) will hit the stores. Maybe converting plastic soldiers like in the old time of Airfix Magazine in the 60s and 70s...
We will see..

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen